Parents Are Teachers, Too!
You are your child's first and most important teacher! Your involvement in your child's education is crucial to his or her academic success. We encourage your commitment and participation, and we endorse a strong partnership between the family and schools.
WHAT ARE MY PARENT RIGHTS?
• Be involved and request regular meetings to express your opinions and concerns.
• Be provided information on your child’s level of achievement on State and District Assessments (i.e., FSA and iReady).
• Request and receive information on the qualifications of your child’s teacher.
• Be informed if your child is taught by a non-state certified teacher for four or more consecutive weeks.
• Be informed about testing.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT MY CHILD’S EDUCATION?
• Share a love of learning, attend events, visit the classroom, and volunteer at the school.
• Read to your child and ask your child to read to you.
• Take advantage of the public and school libraries.
• Show interest in your child’s school day; ask questions.
• Create FOCUS and parent Canvas accounts to review assignments and grades.
• Praise their efforts.
• Encourage good study habits; limit TV and social media time.
• Join the School Advisory Council (SAC) or District Advisory Council (DAC).
• View the District/School websites and social media pages for updates and notifications.
• Take advantage of parent involvement opportunities.
PARENT INVOLVEMENT LIAISONS
Phone: (386) 647-4624
Branford High School
Branford Elementary School
Suwannee Middle School
Suwannee Riverside Elementary
Suwannee High School
Suwannee Pineview Elementary
PARENT ACCESS FOR FOCUS
The Focus Parent Portal is a tool designed to enhance communication and involvement for you in your child’s education with Suwannee County School District. This portal allows you to view your child’s educational records such as grades and attendance, as well as contact your child’s teachers directly. Updates to your child's information is also completed via the FOCUS Parent Portal. If you do not have access to a computer or smartphone, you may utilize the Parent Kiosk at your child's school to access the FOCUS Parent Portal.
To register for the FOCUS Parent Portal, you must have a valid email address and be on record as the child's custodial parent or guardian, or have permission from a custodial parent or guardian to access the child's information. After registering, you must present your government issued photo ID to the school for verification.
|Click here to reset your password, view Help Guides,
or register for the FOCUS Parent Portal.
PARENT ACCESS FOR CANVAS
|Canvas is our Learning Management System. You may "observe" your child on Canvas to access teacher announcements, digital content, and online assignment grades.