School Entry Requirements
Before attending school in Florida (kindergarten through 12th grade), each child must provide a Florida Certification of Immunization (DH 680 form), documenting the following vaccinations:
Public/Non-Public Schools Kindergarten through 12th Grade:
- Four or five doses of diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DTaP) vaccine
- Three doses of hepatitis B (Hep B) vaccine
- Four or five doses of polio vaccine*
- Two doses of measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine
- Two doses of varicella vaccine†
Seventh Grade Requirements:
In addition to kindergarten through 12th grade requirements, students must have the following vaccinations:
One dose of tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis (Tdap) vaccine in grades seven through twelve
An updated DH 680 form to include Tdap, must be obtained for submission to the school
* If the fourth dose of vaccine is administered prior to the fourth birthday, a fifth dose of polio vaccine is required for kindergarten entry only.
†Varicella vaccine is not required if varicella disease is documented by the health care provider.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 877-888-7468 OR VISIT WWW.IMMUNIZEFLORIDA.ORG.
You may also talk to your school nurse if you have any questions.
Immunizing Florida. Protecting Health.