SCHOOL ENTRY HEALTH EXAMINATION
- Students in grades kindergarten through 12th grade who are making their initial entry into a Florida school must present a record of a physical examination completed within the previous 12 months.
- The exam record should be taken to the child's school upon enrollment. Although a specific form is not required, it is recommended that Florida's standardized School Entry Exam form (DH 3040) be used to document completion of a physical examination.
- It must be completed by a health care provider licensed to perform physical examinations.
- For students transferring to a Florida school, a comparable form from another state would be acceptable, if completed within 1 year.
For New Entries:
- Physical Exam on DH3040 (Form can now be printed on Yellow, White or any color paper)
- In accordance with the Florida Plan for School Health Services, all pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students must submit documentation verifying that a Students’ Health Examination was performed within the 12 month period preceding initial entry into a Florida school.